Saturday, April 3, 2010

Stuff

It has been a busy weekend and it's not over yet.

Yesterday Eli had his 15 month check up at 17 months old. Got some disturbing news and I am not happy about it. At Eli's 12 month check up they tested his blood for lead and his lead level was high. Five months later I find this out. No one thought to call me to let me know that his lead levels were high. He has to have a venous done. If his lead level comes back high again, someone will be coming out to search the property and the buildings. I am still so mad that I was not made aware of this. This is something a parent should know pronto. High lead levels is very serious and could cause brain damage. Ugh... STUPID Doctor's!!! Other wise he is doing fine. He now weighs 33 lbs and 10 oz. He is 34 inches long. His eczema has spread to just about every where. He needs to use his antibiotic cream again for 10 days. They prescribed him a medicated lotion finally as well. Hoping his skin clears up soon. It looks horrible and can't be comfortable.

This is day 3 of no bottles and no pacifiers. Courtney asks for her sassy everyday but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. She no longer cries for it at night time. Taking Eli's bottle away wasn't too big of a deal either. He drinks out of a sippy cup just fine. He really doesn't even seem to notice. I am so glad Courtney is doing good with her sassy disappearing though. That thing was definitely her best friend. Her security blanket. She was so attached to her sassy. I think she loved that thing more than me sometimes. I am so proud of how well she is doing. She is most certainly my brave big girl!

We fixed my car and now we think my transmission is going out.... Yippy! Just my luck as usual. Once that goes, I'm junking that POS! New car for me next year anyways...

No comments: