Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Courtney is 3

Wow... Where has the time gone???  On June 13, 2007 I was admitted to Anderson Hospital for induction due to my high blood pressure. She put me through absolute torture til June 15, 2007. Early that Friday morning I was finally told that they will be performing a c-section for delivery. She certainly was determined to come on her own time. Courtney Anne Thomas was born June 15, 2007 at 9:56 am. She is my angel!

Three years later and she still has the attitude where she does things on her own terms. I joke saying she is turning 3 going on 16! We celebrated her 3rd birthday June 12, 2010. She had a wonderful time. It looked like Christmas for her once again. Most of her family and all of her little friends all came to celebrate with us.

It does not seem at all possible that she should be three already. I remember her birth like it was just yesterday. I can still remember the sounds and the smell and all the emotions like I just lived it recently...
She may be more than a hand full sometimes, but I am so proud of her. She is such a smart, bright, determined, independent little girl. Soon enough she will be starting school and will no longer be able to stay home with me. I will enjoy the next year with her home while I still can :)

No comments: